Sunday, April 10, 2011

Extreme Couponing

April 7, 2011

In the past 24 hours (or more) I have done a lot of reading about extreme couponing. I don't think I will ever be able to make a career out of it. I am not organized or able to juggle the math the way these "pros" do it. That isn't to say that I can't find a way to earn a little spending money with coupons. I have a few ideas and have started hoarding coupons...

So what can I share with you about coupons? I have learned that most people who are 'couponers' have a coupon binder. Most of these are essentially similar - using baseball card insert pages or photo insert pages to contain coupons so that they are visible from both sides. Many start with a box of envelopes that are labeled alphabetically by category, and then upgrade to the binder. There are people who have taken the binder one fashionable step further and created a binder bag for coupons. This is a very nice item, and I can see the value and practicality of the bag, and also can appreciate that it is not ugly or 'nerdy'. It can almost be called stylish or trendy if one was looking amongst supermarket shoppers for that sort of thing.

The best site I have visited so far has been Coupon Divas.com. The host, Kitty, is the original Coupon Diva and I enjoyed watching her as she shared her tips and finds from the couponing world. Her videos are funny and helpful, and worth the time. I want to learn how to coupon effectively, and I will be looking to Kitty for her wisdom and advice quite a bit. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment