Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things I have learned because I have a teenager

In honor of Abby's birthday, I decided to consider all the things and people I know only because I have a 15-year-old daughter....

1. Most marshmallows have blue dye in them.
2. Thumbs look really weird when they are dislocated and the process for putting them back requires a lot of painkillers and some awkward positions.
3. Steve and Blue and that notebooks are 'handy-dandy'
4. Cotton eyed Joe
5. The Girl Scout Law
6. Florence and the Machine
7. Edward, Jacob, Alice, Bella, Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie, Jasper, Emmet, Charlie, and the gang
8. One can wax their eye shut if they do not handle recently extinguished candles with extreme care
9. Genetics is a cruel and amazing science/miracle
10. Stealth closet borrowing techniques
11. Llama, llama, duck
12. The feeling of butterflies, then monkeys, dancing inside me.
13. The joy of watching my body stretch past anything I every imagined, and the experience of stretching my heart and mind beyond that every day since...
14. Lummi sticks
15. My mom was a complete idiot on so many levels and I am actually not her. I did not turn into my mother........ I became Abby's mom, and I am grateful to my beloved husband for holding my hand along the way and for being Abby's dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment