Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Still Laughing

April 2, 2011
A laugh is a powerful gift.
A friend and I were shopping with her daughter today and things were getting silly. Our laughter carried through the aisles, and soon a woman called out my friend’s name. We stopped to see where the voice came from, and suddenly the stranger was hugging my friend. “It IS you! I’d know that laugh anywhere!”  After the mini-reunion ended, I started considering our laugh-attack. I never thought of my laugh, and certainly never had considered if anyone would identify me just by hearing me laugh. Do I even laugh enough for anyone to know what it sounds like? I hope so.
There are people in my life who I know by their laugh. My Aunt Stella, and my Dad and his brother all have the same laugh. My grandmother laughed that way too, but I’m sure I heard it more from her sister, Stella. I enjoy hearing the laughter of my children, and when I think about it, I can distinguish who is laughing.  Laughter is contagious, and laughing with others is just plain ‘good times’. It is a good thing to be known for your laugh. Laughter is the best medicine. Laugh and the world laughs with you. What did I learn? I want to laugh more. I want to be known for my laugh, known as a happy person. Live. Love. Laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment